Pasta and Pizza are the trendiest foods for this generation kids. It is a great challenge for us to make our kids eat healthy and nutritious foods. I’m sure they will enjoy this Cheesy pasta which is prepared in a healthy way.
Pasta is from Italian cuisine. Pastas come in several shapes and varieties. The different forms of pasta include long and short shapes, tubes, flat shapes or sheets. Basic pasta dough has been made mostly of wheat flour or semolina. Regionally other grains have been used, including those from barley, buckwheat, rye, rice, and maize, as well as chestnut and chickpea flours. Other additions to the basic flour-liquid mixture may include vegetable purees such as spinach or tomato, mushrooms, cheeses, herbs, spices and other seasonings. Pasta is generally served with some type of sauce; the sauce and the type of pasta are usually matched based on consistency and ease of eating. Let’s make a Cheesy pasta and make our kids enjoy the nutrients of the vegetables in disguise.
- 1 cup of pasta
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 medium sized onion
- 2 ripe medium sized tomatoes
- Salt to taste
- ½ capsicum
- 1 cup of grated cheese
- 1 teaspoon of chilli sauce
- For Seasoning - ½ teaspoon of Oregano
- Take a big pan of water, add 1 teaspoon of salt and 2 teaspoons of oil and allow it to boil.
- Wash and cook the pasta in boiling water.
- Cook it for 5 minutes. Make sure it is cooked well.
- Drain the pasta and set it aside.
- Take a pan and add 2 teaspoons of oil
- Now, add finely chopped garlic cloves.
- Sauté it well and add the chopped onions.
- Cook it for 2 minutes in low flame.
- Add required salt.
- Now, add finely chopped tomatoes and cook them till it is smashed.
- At this stage, we can add extra ingredients like any vegetables or olives.
- Sauté it well and add all the boiled pasta.
- Add cook in for 5 minutes.
- Make seasoning with Oreganos.
- Add the grated cheese and mix it well
Tasty and yummy Cheesy Pasta is ready!
Tips / variations:
- Adding ½ teaspoon chilli flakes for seasoning will enhance the flavour of the dish.
- Tomatoes can be replaced by using 3 tablespoons Pasta sauce.
- Using one or more colour of capsicum makes your Pasta better.
- It’s best to have it hot and fresh.
- Cooked plain pasta is 31% of carbohydrates and 6% of protein and Pasta may be enriched or fortified, or made from whole grains.
- Capsicum is great for metabolism. It is a rich source of vitamin A and C.
- Cheese has very high calcium content. It also improves Bone Health.
- Oregano has a strong antioxidant that may support immune system health