Nowadays kids are busy throughout the day with so many activities. Snacks can keep them from getting hungry in their busy schedule. A healthy snack can make the child more active and boost up their energy level. Chilli chapati is one of the snacks which kids will love the most. We can make the chilli chapati healthy by adding few vegetables to them.
- ½ cup of carrot (Julienne)
- 3 cloves of garlic
- ½ cup of cabbage (Julienne)
- 1 medium sized onion (Julienne)
- ½ teaspoon chilli powder
- A pinch of garam masala
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin powder
- Salt to taste
- ½ teaspoon coriander powder
- 2 teaspoons of oil
- 3 chapatti (Julienne)
- 2 tablespoons of tomato sauce
- For garnish - Chopped coriander leaves
- Take a kadai and add 2 teaspoons of oil.
- Add a pinch of garam masala powder.
- Now, add the finely chopped garlic cloves.
- Sauté it well and add the onions.
- Cook it for 2 minutes in low flame.
- Add the Julienne sliced carrots and cabbage.
- Add some salt and sauté it well.
- Add all the spices mentioned.
- Cook in for 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped chapatti to it and sauté it well for 2 minutes.
- Now, add 2 tablespoons of tomato sauce and mix it well.
- Garnish it with coriander leaves.
Tasty and healthy Chilli Chapatti is ready!
Tips / variations:
- 2 sliced green chillies can be added if your kids like it to be spicy.
- We can customize the ingredients according to our taste. Such as sweet corn, broccoli, paneer, zucchini…etc
- It is best to have it hot and fresh.
- Carrots contain vitamin A, antioxidants, and other nutrients.
- Cabbage Is rich in Vitamin C and it also helps to improve digestion.
- Wheat is rich source of fibre, vitamins, antioxidants, and minerals.