Veggie Cheese Grilled Sandwich
Kids of this era are fully loaded with school and other extra activities. They need more nutrients to boost up their stamina. This generation kids are carried away by the fast foods. To make them eat healthy food, try these Veggie cheese grilled sandwiches which are made up of cheese along with few veggies like carrots, cucumber, tomatoes, capsicum, and onions. Generally, sandwiches mean tucking in some veggies, cheese, and little other stuff between two bread slices. It depends upon our own taste and preferences. Veggie cheese grilled sandwiches are one of the healthiest fast food items. We can make our kids eat fresh vegetables in a fun way through sandwiches.
- 1 medium sized onion sliced
- Mayonnaise sauce
- 1 capsicum sliced
- 1 cucumber sliced
- ½ cup of shredded carrot
- 1 tomato sliced
- Cheese slices
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- Tomato ketchup
- Cut the corners of the bread slices and keep the ready.
- Spread a little amount of tomatoe ketchup to one slice of the bread.
- Place the onions, capsicum, and cucumber on it.
- Shred some carrots on them and keep a cheese slice.
- Spread the mayonnaise to the other slice of the bread and close it.
- Apply butter the sandwich maker and place the sandwich.
- Grill it for 2 minutes.
Tasty and healthy Veggie Cheese Grilled Sandwich is ready!
Tips / variations:
- Shredded cheese can also be added if preferred.
- Blend 2 tablespoons of butter and few garlic cloves in a mixer jar. This mixture can be used as a substitute for mayonnaise.
- By spreading a little about of tomatoes ketchup on the bread slice, we can avoid serving it with ketchup. Let's make sure the intake of tomatoe ketchup is less by our kids.
- It is best to have it hot and fresh.
- If the sandwiches are to be packed for lunch box, use aluminium foil paper to wrap them
- Carrots contain vitamin A, antioxidants, and other nutrients.
- Onions are very low in Saturated Fat and Cholesterol. It is also a good source of Dietary Fibre, Vitamin B6 and a very good source of Vitamin C.
- Cucumber are rich in Nutrients. They are low in calories but high in many important vitamins and minerals.
- Capsicums are an excellent source of vitamin A and C (red contain more than green capsicums) and they are also a good source of dietary fiber, vitamin E, B6 and folate.
- Cheese is a great source of calcium, fat, and protein. It also contains high amounts of vitamins A and B-12, along with zinc, phosphorus, and riboflavin.