Nowadays, kids are very fond of junk foods or fast foods. Kids love to have them. Burger is a quick meal or snack which is very filling. Burger is a kind of sandwich. Instead of bread, we use buns to cover up the veggies. Toppings and stuffing depend upon our choice. I wanted to make it healthier for kids. Let’s try Veggie Cheeseburger and make our kids enjoy the nutrients of the vegetables in disguise. This Veggie Cheeseburger can be taken for lunch or as a snack or even for dinner.
For veggie patty
- 1 cup of boiled mixed vegetables (carrot/ potatoes/ green peas/ sweet corn)
- ½ cup of breadcrumbs
- Salt to taste
- ½ teaspoon chilli powder
- ¼ teaspoon of cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon of coriander powder
- ¼ teaspoon of garam masala powder
- 1 spoon of ginger and garlic past
- ½ cup of water
- 2 tablespoon of corn flour
- ¼ cup of Maida / all-purpose flour
- Mayonnaise sauce
- 1 capsicum sliced
- Cheese slices
- 1 cucumber sliced
- Tomato ketchup
- 1 tomato sliced
- Burger buns
- Lettuce leaves
- Mix the cornflour and maida with water in a bowl.
- Steam cook the mixed vegetables with1/4 teaspoon of salt for 10 minutes.
- Boil the potatoes and mash them along with the steamed mixed vegetables
- Add all the mentioned spices and mix it well.
- Now, add the breadcrumbs and mix it well.
- Make a ball sized patties and dip in the maida slurry.
- Coat them with breadcrumbs.
- Now, shallow fry them in medium flame.
- Fry till both the sides are turned into golden brown.
- Spread the mayonnaise on the burger buns.
- Place the onion, tomato, cucumber, capsicum slices and layer it with a cheese slice.
- Next, place the lettuce leaves and then place the veggie patties.
- Spread some tomato sauce on it and cover it with other part of the bun.
Tasty and healthy Veggie Cheeseburger is ready!
Tips / variations:
- Shredded cheese can also be added if preferred.
- Blend 2 tablespoons of butter and few garlic cloves in a mixer jar. This mixture can be used as a substitute for mayonnaise.
- It is best to have it fresh.
- Carrots contain vitamin A, antioxidants, and other nutrients.
- Onions are very low in Saturated Fat and Cholesterol. It is also a good source of Dietary Fibre, Vitamin B6 and a very good source of Vitamin C.
- Cucumber are rich in Nutrients. They are low in calories but high in many important vitamins and minerals.
- Capsicums are an excellent source of vitamin A and C (red contain more than green capsicums) and they are also a good source of dietary fiber, vitamin E, B6 and folate.
- Cheese is a great source of calcium, fat, and protein. It also contains high amounts of vitamins A and B-12, along with zinc, phosphorus, and riboflavin.