Broccoli- Sweet Corn Stuffed Sandwich
Broccoli- sweet corn stuffed sandwich is one of the best heathy and tasty treat for your kids. It is a great challenge for us to make our kids eat healthy and nutritious foods. I’m sure they will enjoy this Broccoli- sweet corn stuffed sandwich which is filled with nutrients.
Broccoli has large flower heads, usually dark green in colour, arranged in a tree-like structure. Sweet corn is a corn variety which is picked when kernels are immature. Broccoli and sweet corn are rich in many nutritious values which are good for our health. Let’s make a yummy stuffed sandwich with them and make our kids enjoy the healthy foods.
- Shredded Broccoli 1 cup
- 1 cup of boiled sweet corn
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 medium sized onion
- ½ teaspoon chilli powder
- A pinch of garam masala
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- Salt to taste
- ½ teaspoon coriander powder
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise sauce
- 2 teaspoons of oil
- For garnish - Chopped coriander leaves & Pepper powder for seasoning
- Cut and wash the broccoli into small florets and shred the whole head of the broccoli or just chop it finely with a knife.
- Boil the sweet corn and keep it aside.
- Take a pan and add 2 teaspoons of oil
- Add cumin seed and allow it to splutter.
- Now, add the finely chopped garlic cloves.
- Saute it well and add the chopped onions.
- Cook it for 2 minutes in low flame.
- Add the shredded broccoli and boiled sweet corn.
- Saute it well and add all the spices mentioned.
- Add salt and cook in for 5 minutes.
- Garnish it with coriander leaves and make seasoning with pepper powder.
- Allow it to cool.
- Add 2 tablespoon of mayonnaise Sause and mix it well.
- Spread butter on both the sides of the bread.
- Fill the bread with the broccoli-sweet corn stuffing.
- Place it in the griller and grill till the bread turns into golden brown.
Tasty and healthy Broccoli- sweet corn sandwich is ready!
Tips / variations:
- A slice of cheese can be added if preferred.
- You can avoid pepper powder seasoning as it maybe spicy for kids.
- Blend 2 table spoons of butter and few garlic cloves in a mixer jar. This mixture can be used as a substitute for mayonnaise.
- It’s best to have it hot and fresh.
- If the sandwiches are to be packed for lunch box, use alumium foil paper to wrap them.
- Broccoli is a great source of vitamins K and C, a good source of folate (folic acid)
- Sweet corn is mainly composed of carbs and fairly high in fibre.